Contact & Location
Cornerstone Urgent Care Center in Rochester, NY
Our friendly staff at Cornerstone Urgent Care Center welcomes your call and looks forward to serving you. If you have any questions about the services available at our state-of-the-art walk-in urgent care clinic in Rochester, New York, please call our office at (585) 207-0088.
For your convenience, we are open 7 days a week, even on holidays. An appointment is not necessary, and walk-ins are always welcome. If you like, you may call ahead to let us know you are coming or send us a message.
Location & Phone
Phone: (585) 207-0088
Fax: (585) 207-0092
2968 Chili Avenue
Rochester, NY 14624
We are conveniently located at the corner of Chili Avenue and Chestnut Ridge Road, next to the Express convenience store. Quick and convenient medical care is just a short drive away. We serve patients from Bergen, Caledonia, Chili, Churchville, Gates, Greece, Le Roy, Mumford, North Chili, Riga, Scottsville, West Henrietta, Westside Rochester, Wheatland, and Southwest Monroe County in New York.
Monday - Friday: 8 am - 8 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9 am - 7 pm
We are also open on holidays. Walk-ins are always welcome.
When to Go to the Emergency Department
In the event of a life-threatening medical emergency, call emergency medical services at 911 immediately. DO NOT WAIT! The emergency department of a hospital is fully staffed and equipped to handle life-threatening emergencies. Cornerstone Urgent Care Center in Rochester, New York, does not treat life-threatening emergencies.
At Cornerstone Urgent Care Center, we are always looking for qualified and compassionate professionals to join our team of dedicated providers and staff. If you enjoy working in a warm, family-friendly workplace where you can truly make a difference in the lives of patients, Cornerstone Urgent Care Center is the place for you.
We offer competitive salaries and benefit packages. We are currently accepting applications for physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, and X-ray technologists.
If you are interested in joining our healthcare team, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Job Opportunities:
- Take, evaluate, and record patients' medical histories
- Conduct physical examinations required to evaluate symptoms
- Order appropriate diagnostic tests, radiological examinations, and other special examinations
- Analyze and interpret data, formulate diagnoses and problem list, develop treatment plans for illnesses and injuries
- Treat medical problems and exercise judgment on problems requiring consultation or referral
- Educate patients on medical problems, use of medications, expected effects of treatment, and counsel patients on disease prevention and healthy lifestyle habits
- Prescribe medications
- Ensure continuity of care for each patient
- Utilize electronic medical record system for patient charting
- Perform other job-related duties, as required
- Graduate of an accredited nurse practitioner or physician assistant program registered by the New York State Department of Health
- Licensed to practice in New York
- Ability to work independently in an urgent care, walk-in clinic setting
- Minimum of 1 – 3 years of emergency medicine/urgent care experience
- Current DEA license
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Assess and triage patients
- Record and review patients' clinical information and vital signs
- Perform phlebotomy
- Perform intravenous insertion and IV therapy
- Administer medication and monitor patients
- Maintain accurate reports, logs, and electronic medical record (EMR)
- Assist in evaluation of tests performed to assess patients' conditions
- Collect specimens and perform diagnostic point-of-care testing
- Prepare patients for examination and assist with their treatments
- Provide excellent customer service by maintaining professional and courteous communication with patients
- Provide safe and quality care
- Current license as a registered nurse in New York
- BCLS, ACLS
- Experience working as RN in an urgent care setting or emergency room
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Exhibit positive behavior and strong customer service skills
- Prepare patients for radiological procedures and take high-quality X-ray images pursuant to Cornerstone Urgent Care Center protocol
- Ensure correct patient positioning and that both patients and technologists are accurately and safely protected from excessive exposure to radiation by the use of radiation protection and shielding material
- Ensure that the prescribed diagnostic radiology procedure is performed and delivered
- Responsible for accurate documentation of the encounter with the patient into the electronic medical records (EMR) system
- Ensure that all radiographs are interpreted by Cornerstone Urgent Care Center's teleradiology company and clarify any discrepancy radiology reading with the providers
- Ensure that X-ray equipment / PACS is functioning properly and appropriately report any malfunction
- Complete New York State Department of Health logs in compliance with state laws
- Responsible for collecting data for quality assurance
- Greet and register patients and family members arriving at Cornerstone Urgent Care Center
- Verify insurance eligibility and benefit information and collect co-payments
- Answer incoming phone calls in a courteous and prompt manner; direct calls and take messages
- Assist with other administrative tasks as requested by management
- Graduate of an AART-certified radiology tech program and currently certified by the AART and the New York State Department of Education as a radiology technologist
- Minimum of 1 year as an X-ray Technologist
- Basic computer skills, including the use of electronic medical records (EMR)
- Experience preparing equipment for procedures, removing and restocking to the appropriate areas, and following infection-control policies in all circumstances.
The Cornerstone Urgent Care Center mission is to provide the best possible medical care to each and every one of our patients as well as ensure patient experience with us is a positive one.
Learn about the symptoms and treatments for all kinds of medical injuries and illnesses, including those that might bring you to our walk-in urgent care clinic.
Insurance & Payment
Cornerstone Urgent Care offers affordable healthcare for insured and noninsured patients. We even regularly offer specially priced deals for some of our services.