Cornerstone Urgent Care is now offering COVID-19 Antibody Testing
Given the COVID-19 outbreak in our community, we want to assure you that we are following the CDC and local health department guidelines to keep our facility safe and sanitized. We have reduced the number of seats in our waiting room to enhance social distancing. Our staff members are provided with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and all symptomatic patients are provided with a face mask. As always, the safety of our patients and staff is our utmost priority.
Does Cornerstone Urgent Care Offer COVID-19 antibody testing?
Yes, Cornerstone Urgent Care is testing for the COVID-19 antibody and no appointment is necessary. Once you arrive at Cornerstone Urgent Care, please call us at 585-207-0088 to let us know you are here. Then, you will wait in your vehicle until you are greeted by one of our staff members with further instructions for registration and triage. If you wish to expedite the process you can pre-register online by going to cornerstoneuc.com and clicking the online check-in feature. Then once you arrive at the facility please give us a call at 585-207-0088.
- COVID-19 antibody testing is available to anyone who have had symptoms of COVID-19. If you think that you might have had COVID-19 symptoms and would like to be tested for the antibody, one of our providers will be happy to see you to help determine if a test is needed.
- You may be tested more than once if the provider determines that it is necessary to do so. Upon evaluation, the decision will be dependent on the symptoms you have had and the duration. Some essential-services workers may need to be tested more than once.
- The cost of COVID-19 testing is fully covered for individuals who have insurance as part of the CARES Act. The cost of the COVID-19 antibody testing for individuals who do NOT have insurance is $90 in addition to the charge for the base visit.
- We send the samples to the lab via overnight mail. The results of the COVID-19 antibody test may take up to two to four days before they are available. One of the staff members will give you a call once your result becomes available.
- Know that COVID-19 antibody testing uses a blood sample to determine the presence of antibodies in response to a recent or past COVID-19 infection. It is important to know that a positive or negative result from antibody testing alone is insufficient to confirm the presence or absence of infection, current infection, and or if a long-term immunity has been achieved. Notwithstanding, a positive result shows that the patient has been exposed to coronavirus and might have built up some protection. A lot is still unknown about the Covid-19 virus; therefore, patients should continue to adhere to social distancing, frequent hand washing, CDC, and local health department guidelines to help control the spread of the virus.
The Cornerstone Urgent Care Center mission is to provide the best possible medical care to each and every one of our patients as well as ensure patient experience with us is a positive one.
Learn about the symptoms and treatments for all kinds of medical injuries and illnesses, including those that might bring you to our walk-in urgent care clinic.
Cornerstone Urgent Care offers affordable healthcare for insured and noninsured patients. We even regularly offer specially priced deals for some of our services.