As always the safety of our patients and staff is our utmost priority. We want to assure you that we are following the CDC and local health department strict guidelines to keep our facility safe and sanitized.
- The seats in our waiting room are 6 feet apart to achieve social distancing.
- In addition to our regular cleaning, we disinfect the doors and knobs, signature pads, pens, etc. many times daily and all the items in our exam rooms are thoroughly sanitized in between each room use.
- Patients over the age of two are required to wear a mask. We provide masks to patients if they do not have any. Our staff members wear mask while they interact with the patients. All staff members are provided with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Due to limited number of seats, only the patients can come in. Pediatric patients and patients who require help can be accompanied by one parent or guardian per patient.
- We have removed toys, books and magazines from our waiting and exam rooms
- We streamlined our registration and discharge processes to ensure that the duration of your visits in our facility is significantly reduced.
Does Cornerstone Urgent Care Offer both COVID-19 Molecular (PCR) and Antibody Testing?
Yes, Cornerstone Urgent Care offers both COVID-19 Molecular (PCR) and antibody tests if the tests are medically appropriate for the diagnosis and treatment of the patient.
COVID-19 Molecular (PCR) Test
This test is performed using the culture that is obtained from a nasopharyngeal swab to test if a patient currently has the virus or not. If you test negative for COVID-19, you probably were not infected at the time your sample was collected. This does not mean you will not get sick:
- A negative test result only means that you did not have COVID-19 at the time of testing or that your sample was collected too early in your infection.
- You could also be exposed to COVID-19 after the test and then get infected.
- If you develop symptoms later, you may need another test to determine if you are infected with the virus that causes COVID-19.
COVID-19 Anti-body Test
Antibody test checks your blood by looking for antibodies, which may tell if you had a past infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. Antibodies are proteins that help fight off infections and can provide protection against getting that disease again (immunity). Antibodies are disease-specific. For example, measles antibodies will protect you from getting measles if you are exposed to it again, but they will not protect you from getting mumps if you are exposed to mumps. Having antibodies to the virus that causes COVID-19 might provide protection from getting infected with the virus again. If it does, we do not know how much protection the antibodies might provide or how long this protection might last. A lot is still unknown about the Covid-19 virus; therefore, patients should continue to adhere to social distancing, frequent hand washing, and follow all CDC and local health department guidelines to help control the spread of the virus.
- Patients who have insurance should check with their medical insurance companies to find out if the tests are covered under their insurance plan or not.
- The costs for patients who do NOT have insurance is $125 PLUS the cost of the tests which you will be billed directly for from the reference lab.
- We send the samples to a reference lab for analysis and the results may take up to 2-5 days before they are available. You can check your results online by clicking here. All patients whose molecular (PCR) results are positive will receive a direct phone call from one of our staff members.
For information about COVID-19, please visit the CDC website.
The Cornerstone Urgent Care Center mission is to provide the best possible medical care to each and every one of our patients as well as ensure patient experience with us is a positive one.
Learn about the symptoms and treatments for all kinds of medical injuries and illnesses, including those that might bring you to our walk-in urgent care clinic.
Cornerstone Urgent Care offers affordable healthcare for insured and noninsured patients. We even regularly offer specially priced deals for some of our services.