There’s no denying it: urgent care facilities are convenient. It’s one of the biggest draws that might make you choose urgent care over your regular doctor’s office or the ER. There’s usually at least one urgent care nearby, and it’s often open outside most doctors’ office hours. The medical services you can get at urgent care are usually cost-effective, and you can be seen much more quickly than at other medical facilities.
Many people visited an urgent care facility for the first time during the COVID pandemic (for a test or vaccine). More people than ever before are now aware of the various benefits urgent care offers. Leading the pack of benefits is that urgent care is overwhelmingly quick and convenient – and it can act much like a one-stop shop for general medical care and concerns.
What to Expect at Urgent Care
If you have a medical problem or injury, acute or chronic, an urgent care center may be the best place to go. Whether you’re new to urgent care or not, here are a few things to know before you go:
- Find a Location Near You. Find an urgent care facility near you that’s open when you need it. Googling “urgent care near me” is typically the best way to begin – unless you’re already familiar with an urgent care facility near you.
- Identify the Busiest Times. Google sometimes provides a business’s busiest times, so you can gauge the most appropriate time to journey to the center. Of course, you can always call or complete an online check-in (if available) to ensure you are seen as quickly as possible.
- Does It Offer COVID-19Testing? Even now, years after the pandemic began, there is an ongoing need for rapid PCR tests. Make sure the urgent care facility you choose offers both. The benefits of a rapid test are self-explanatory and are often everyone’s preferred choice. However, PCR tests are the type that may be required for travel, medical, or other reasons.
- What Type of Diagnostic Services Are Available? Make sure the urgent care facility you’re interested in has the right type of diagnostic capabilities. For example, if you suspect a bone break, you’ll want to make sure the urgent care center’s on-site services include X-rays. Some even include on-site labs, which allow immediate processing of blood, urine, or other samples.
- Do They Offer Physicals? When you’re in pinch, there’s nothing more convenient than stopping in at an urgent care facility to get the all-clear for a school, sports, work, or annual physical. No, wait, no drama, just get the assessment and tests you or your loved one needs – quick and easy.
- Are All Patients Accepted, Insured, or Not? This is especially important if you don’t have insurance or are between being covered. Even better is when the urgent care facility identifies your costs upfront, so there are no surprises. You may also wish to check your insurance coverage before you go to an urgent care center, to make sure you’re covered.
Note: If you or a loved one are experiencing life-threatening symptoms, call 911 or visit the nearest emergency room.
Urgent Medical Care in Rochester, NY
At Cornerstone Urgent Care Center in Rochester, New York, we are open 7 days a week to serve all your urgent care needs.
Would you like to know more about the types of medical services we offer at Cornerstone Urgent Care Center? Just give us a call at (585) 207-0088. Or simply visit us Monday – Friday, 8 am – 8 pm, or on Saturday or Sunday, 9 am – 7 pm.